*Training Log Tuesday is a summary of my workouts for the week so I can look back on them someday and see when and what I did for my workouts in different stages of life.
And like usual, here's the color code:
Running=Red
Swimming=Blue
Biking=Purple
At Home Workout DVD's=Orange
Elliptical=Green
Walking=Pink
Free Weights=Grey
I did mostly cross training to give my body a chance to recover from my half marathon. Here's the recap on how I got my PR.
Monday: Pilates (55 min.)/7:15AM. Bike ride with B (60 min.)/12:30PM. 4+mile family walk for trick-or-treating.
Tuesday: P90X abs (15 min.)/8AM. (I had planned to go to the gym later, but things got busy that night and it didn't happen. I learned if I want to make sure I get a workout in, the morning is best.)
Wednesday: Bike ride with B (60 min.)/10:30AM.
Thursday: P90X arm and shoulder workout (60 min.)/8:30AM. I only have two 5 lb. weights and one 10 lb. weight, so that's what I used for this workout. Most of the time they felt too light, so I need to invest in some workout bands and more weights. However, I was still pretty sore the next day from this, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't have heavier weights for my first attempt at P90X arms. 4 mile jogging stroller run (35 min.)/10AM.
Friday: Easy bike ride with B (60 min.)/12:30PM. P90X abs (15 min.)/2PM.
Saturday: About 7-7.5 mile run (63 min.)/2PM. I missed my usual long run this day because we had gone camping. This run wasn't such a good one. You can read about it here.
Sunday: Rest.
Total Running Miles: 11.5
My sis-in-law is letting me borrow her P90X dvds and it's been fun having something new to try. So far I really like P90X, and I've been sore the past few days since starting it, but it's a good sore. :) I still need to get a few things to make the workouts more effective like some bands, more weights, and a pull-up bar. Not that I would actually be able to do pull-ups, but I could use a chair. P90X has about 12-14 different workouts I think, and so far I've tried 4 (Abs, Arms and Shoulders, Chest and Back, and Plyometics). Plyometrics is my favorite so far.
What's the last workout you did that left you sore (in a good way) the next day?
I felt super sore aftr my Bob Harper's Cardio Max workout. Fuhhhhh... butt and thighs ached! and you sure do run a lot! Its pretty amazing that you're so active! :)
ReplyDelete