If looking at these pictures doesn't motivate you to want to get out the door and run, I don't know what will. I think I'll come back to this post and stare at these awe-inspiring pictures anytime I'm lacking motivation to go running. Isn't my husband an amazing photographer? I'm in love with all these pictures.
Enjoy!!
Here's the start of the women's race before any lead packs were formed. Can you pick out your favorite runners? I was so excited to see Kara Goucher, Shalane Flanagan, Desiree Davila, and Blake Russell, but the first time they ran by I only saw Blake Russell because the others were hiding in the back. I completely expected them to be front and center. They were just using smart racing tactics though. :)

Janet has a cool story. You can read it here.
Look at Kara's leg muscles! Wow.


Team USA!!! They finished in this order.
Look, now I can say I'm in a picture with Kara Goucher, Shalane Flanagan, Desiree Davila, Deena Kastor, and Amy Hastings! Pretty cool huh?
I was on cloud 9 the whole race. It was so freaking fun to watch. My husband even loved watching it and he's not a runner.
Those are some serious leg muscles.













How freaking cool! I didn't even think of driving over to see it! Great photos.
ReplyDeleteI went to the trials this weekend too and have been dying to run ever since!! I am so inspired! However, I am preggo right now and just trying not to get down on myself about my dwindling pace. I can't wait to hop back in post baby and hopefully knock out some kind of race 9 months post, just like Deena….except on a smaller scale of course!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are amazing. I love watching races and admire the runners. But,sorry, it doesn't make me want to run. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures! He got some amazing shots. I love that you're in a picture with the girls, too! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome experience! It makes me want to run and get much more serious about strength training! Those legs...and abs! Dang!
ReplyDeleteYes, this makes me want to go out and run! What great picturs Scott.
ReplyDeletewow this is amazing thanks so much for sharing your pics. I actually LOVE deena kastor :) I think she's very inspiring for her age and b/c she's a mom like me :D
ReplyDeleteHoly cow you guys were close!! These are some really great pictures! How exciting that you both got to be there. :) Very cool.
ReplyDeleteYour husband is a great photographer, and that's coming from someone who has interpreted (sign language) a sports photography class before!
ReplyDeleteI love these photos and yes they make me want to go run, but I don't think I need these photos to do that :)
You would think the world class female runners would have more leg muscle. Some look seriously protein cannibalized. It doesn't look like they have enough glycogen or fat to sustain the duration of the race, let alone keep up that pace.
ReplyDelete