(*edited to add: I wrote this last Saturday after my long run, but am just now getting around to posting it.)
1. Since it's the first thing I do when I get home from a long run, it'll be the first on the list here too; eating! Food tastes so much better after running for 2 hours. This past Saturday as I was driving home from my long run, soaking wet from sweat and humidity, (unfortunately not rain this time), I got a BIG craving for an egg white omelet with deli sliced turkey. I knew we were out of turkey and I really didn't want to stop at the store and scare everyone with my nasty sweatiness. I tried to crave something else, but I couldn't get that deli sliced turkey out of my mind, so I decided a quick Walmart stop would be worth a few disgusted stares. It was. I bet you want one of these omelets now. Scott sure did when he saw me eating this.
1. Since it's the first thing I do when I get home from a long run, it'll be the first on the list here too; eating! Food tastes so much better after running for 2 hours. This past Saturday as I was driving home from my long run, soaking wet from sweat and humidity, (unfortunately not rain this time), I got a BIG craving for an egg white omelet with deli sliced turkey. I knew we were out of turkey and I really didn't want to stop at the store and scare everyone with my nasty sweatiness. I tried to crave something else, but I couldn't get that deli sliced turkey out of my mind, so I decided a quick Walmart stop would be worth a few disgusted stares. It was. I bet you want one of these omelets now. Scott sure did when he saw me eating this.
Here's how I made it:
Saute mushrooms in pan sprayed with Pam and sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. When mushrooms are browned, set aside. Drop 3 egg whites into a frying pan sprayed with Pam. You don't even need to beat them. As the egg whites are cooking, layer them with 1 slice jalepeno cheese, spinach, mushrooms, and then 5-6 slices of turkey. The egg whites cook really fast and form a pancake-looking thing. Flip the egg whites like a pancake to brown the turkey. Hope you love it as much as I did!
2. My second love is a fairly new one, and becoming a fun family tradition, swimming! The past few Saturdays as soon as I get home from my run, we all head to the pool. I've noticed that on the days I swim a little bit right after a long run, I'm not as sore later on. Do you like my new goggles I bought last Saturday? I love them.
3. I love hanging around the house in sweats without feeling lazy-guilt. I'm kind of obsessed with feeling productive, so it's nice to get home from a long run Saturday morning already feeling like I've done something productive. It helps me relax and enjoy the rest of the Saturday like a normal person. What I mean by normal is that I seriously struggle with relaxing, just ask Scott. I always want to be doing things, but it's nice to just hang out with the fam and not worry about being productive.
![]() |
| Forgot to take a picture when we went last Saturday. |
5. Spoon It fro yo. I don't get it every Saturday, but I wish I did. I was lucky enough to get it this past Saturday though! Even when I don't get my over-priced (but oh so worth it) fro yo, I always look forward to some kind of treat Saturday night.
Even if I'm not in the mood to run, looking forward to all my post-run loves usually gets me out the door!
What are some of your post-run, or workout loves?

I usually eat eggs after a morning workout for the protein, but my eggs aren't as fancy as yours.. looks good!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Scott was a napper. I know Jill is and I totally am. Must run in the fam!
I don't like wearing jeans around the house. I think they're so un-comf! I love sweats or pj bottoms or my new love- basketball shorts
Eating is definitely one of the best things post long run. You're right that food just tastes SO much better!!! I always crave a smoothie immediately after...but then want something hearty followed by something sweet (fro yo for the win!) later on when the hunger really kicks in.
ReplyDelete