As promised, here's the recipe for the yummy, chewy, pumpkin chocolate chip granola bars I made last week. They were good for breakfast, snacks, and desserts. I'm going to have to make these sparingly because they're a little too good. I ate them up way too fast.
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars:
(I got this recipe from cleaneatingchelsey.)
2 C. oats, divided
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 C. pumpkin puree
1/3 c. agave nectar (honey would probably work too.)
3 T. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 C. almonds, chopped
1/3 C. chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1/3 C. craisins
Place half of oats in blender or food processor to make oat flour (I used a magic bullet). In bowl combine remaining oats, oat flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Toss. In another bowl combine pumpkin puree, agave, syrup, and vanilla. Whisk, and then add to dry ingredients. Stir wet and dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips, craisins, and almonds. Grease 9x9 pan and transfer granola mix to pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
Oh, yum! I can imagine I'd have the same problem with these... they look (and sound) delicious! And not too much sugar either, pretty toddler friendly. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLooks so good! I will have to try these sometime!
ReplyDelete