I really don't know where or why I got the idea that a pumpkin/greek yogurt pancake would be good. It just pooped into my head while I was trying to decide what to make for breakfast on Christmas morning. I googled pumpkin greek yogurt pancake recipes and was surprised that there were actually several pancake recipes that include pumpkin and greek yogurt in the ingredients. After reading through a couple of them, I picked this one and modified it a little bit. I thought they were delicious, and I think Scott did too since he ate 10 of them Christmas morning, so I decided this recipe needs to be saved in my "Eat of the Week" archives.
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Pancakes
2 C. gluten free all purpose flour
3/4 C. oats
1/4 C. ground flaxseed
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3 C. almond milk
1/4 C. plain greek yogurt
15 oz. canned pumpkin puree
1/4 C. brown sugar (opt.) (I think I used 1 or 2 T.)
3/4 C. egg substitute (we didn't have egg substitute, so I just put 2 or 3 eggs in)
Mix all dry ingredients, and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Then pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until combined. Heat griddle to 350 degrees. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.
I'm normally not a big pancake fan because they tend to spike my blood sugar and then I crash and feel fatigued a few hours later, but these pancakes didn't do that to me. The protein and fiber from the pumpkin, yogurt, and flaxseed kept me nice and full until lunch with no blood sugar plummet.
What are two ingredients that you like to combine?
Those sound yummy! I've wanted to try Greek yogurt pancakes and these might be the ones I try!
ReplyDeletepeanut flour plus oatmeal = amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for posting this gluten free pancake recipe :) It looks super yummy!
ReplyDeleteHave a great night!
Mmmm, these sound really good-- I'm like you with pancakes, I usually top them with almond butter instead of syrup to avoid the crash...but protein in the batter is even better, yum!
ReplyDelete