Training Log Tuesday is a summary of my workouts for the week so I can look back on them someday and see when and what I did for my workouts in different stages of life.
And like usual, here's the color code:
Running=Red
Swimming=Blue
Biking=Purple
At Home Workout DVD's=Orange
Elliptical=Green
Walking=Pink
Free Weights=Grey
Monday: My first Garmin run! 13.1 miles (1:48, 8:17 avg.)/10:30AM.
Tuesday: 30 Day Shred Levels 1 and 3 (40 min.)/9AM.
Wednesday: 1st run with B's new dvd player! 7 mile jogging stroller run. (1:06, 9:25 avg.)/9AM.
Thursday: 30 Day Shred Levels 2 and 3 (40 min.)/9AM.
Friday: 6 mile ladder track workout: 1.5 mi. wrm-up, 400m, 800m, 1600m, 1600m, 800m, 400m, 1 mi. cool-down. (Not sure what the exact split times were, but we were between 6:00-6:40 pace)/11AM.
Saturday: 12 mile run (1:40, 8:25 avg.)/7AM.
Sunday: Rest
Total Running Miles: 38.1
My color coded training log isn't very colorful lately, but I'm OK with that. I'm really enjoying the new workout schedule I seem to have fallen into of running Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and doing 30 Day Shred Tuesday and Thursday. I think I'll stick with my red and orange training log for awhile. :) My mileage was higher this week than it has been in a long time. I think a new Garmin for me, a new dvd player for B, and my husband having an extra day off work had something to do with that. :) I'll take it! B had fun again at the track on Friday with his buddy while I ran with his mom and another running buddy. It was a gorgeous day and it felt like Spring in December. We even got a little hot which worries me because it was only 60 degrees. If I think 60 degrees is warm, I'm in trouble when those 90-100 degree days get here again.
I used to write all my workouts down in this training log, but since I got the Garmin, I started using Garminconnect instead (an online tool that keeps track of your workouts). I thought it would tell me what time of day I did the workouts, but I guess not, so I had to guess on most of them.
How do you keep track of your workouts?

yay on the running! :) I keep up with my workouts on my blog and in my head. :) My birthday is coming up and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Garmin!
ReplyDeleteHave a great night :)
Which GPS watch do you have? do you like it?
ReplyDeleteAnd what kind of running socks do you have--the ones with the little lip/tab in the back. (That's brilliant.) :)