Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Training Log Tuesday: 10/10-10/16


*Training Log Tuesday is a summary of my workouts for the week so I can look back on them someday and see when and what I did for my workouts in different stages of life. 
And like usual, here's the color code: 
Running=Red
Swimming=Blue
Biking=Purple
At Home Workout DVD's=Orange
Elliptical=Green
Walking=Pink
Free Weights=Grey


Monday: Easy Stationary Bike Ride about 8-10 miles (40 min.)/8PM.

Tuesday: 6 mile jogging stroller run (56 min.)/10:45AM.

Wednesday: P90X abs (15 min.)/9AM. Easy Stationary Bike Ride about 7-8 miles (30 min.)/7PM. Easy Swimming (about 30 min.)/7:30PM.

Thursday: Pilates (30 min.)/7:30AM. 7 Mile Track Workout: 1.5 mile warm-up, 2 miles (13:50), 2 miles (13:40), 1.5 mile cool down/6PM.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 12 mile run (1:39, 8:15 avg.)/7AM.

Sunday: Rest/Family walk.

Total Running Miles: 25

My sister-in-law is letting me borrow her P90X dvds. So far I've only tried the ab one. I liked it, and I was pretty sore in my hip flexors the next day. I also swam a little this week which was good because I don't even remember the last time I had tried to practice some swimming. I don't think I'll have many more chances to use the pool since it's startting to get cold here. I still need a lot of practice before I can even think about doing a triathlon, but I'll try to stick with it until I get there. My track workout was OK, but I had a major stomachache due to crappy/not gluten-free eating. Saturdays long run felt great, it was cool outside, I had lots of energy, and I loved it. I'm getting excited for my half marathon which is next Saturday (Oct. 29). We just got a hotel right across from the race start, so that will be really convenient!

What's a new workout you've tried lately? 


1 comment:

  1. Good training week!! impressive 6 miler with a stroller! I don't think people realize how hard it is to run with one.. 2 in 1 workout for sure!
    Now that it is getting colder its hard for me to get myself up early to get a swim in..
    New workout to me is run the rack for the details check out gppfitness.com
    I was sore for days!

    ReplyDelete