Monday, October 24, 2011

Pilates Hocus Pocus

I got a little jealous this morning as I was driving B to music class and I saw a few people out enjoying  their morning runs in the perfect Fall weather. I knew I was craving a run ten times more simply because I told myself I wasn't going to run today. It's like telling yourself you can't have a cookie, and then suddenly all you can think about is eating a cookie. It's true what they say, you always want what you can't have.


At one point, I thought I was going to throw my taper plan out the window and go for a short run, but  50 minutes of Kristen McGee's pilates workout during B's nap time kind of kicked the run craving. Normally I don't feel like I get much of a workout from pilates, but this workout was actually pretty challenging. I even got a little sweaty. I was proud of myself for sticking to my taper plan. Now I just need to stick to my healthy eating plan. It's getting harder and harder with all the Halloween goodies around like pumpkin cookies (which we made tonight), pumpkin ice-cream, and Halloween candy. I tried my best to buy candy that I knew I wouldn't like, but the mix I bought had some tootsie rolls in it. I know I'm safe with the dum-dums and bubble gum I bought though! 

Speaking of Halloween treats, here's one I don't have to feel guilty about eating.

 I highly recommend roasting your pumpkin seeds. See here for the recipe. These are already gone. We couldn't stop eating them. I'm sad I have to wait a whole year to carve pumpkins and roast the seeds again. Actually, I might go buy some pumpkins on clearance after Halloween just so I can roast the seeds again. 

By the way, here are our carved pumpkins!
Scott did the flaming face, I did the haunted house, and our friends did the spider.

Do you get jealous when you see others out running when you're not? 

Do you buy Halloween candy you don't like, or do you buy the good stuff?
I have to buy the stuff I don't like if I want it to stick around until the trick-or-treaters get here. I'm taking B to his first trick-or-treating party of the year tomorrow at the library. I hope he gets lots of bubble gum and dum-dums. :) Extra candy is not what I need the week of my race.

Do you roast your pumpkin seeds? If so, what do you put on them?


What candy would you buy if you wanted to guarantee you wouldn't eat any?

What's the most tempting Halloween treat for you this year? 

Lots of questions tonight! 

Now I'm off to make my husband watch Hocus Pocus with me. 



Just one more question...

What's your favorite Halloween movie? 

1 comment:

  1. I get SUPER jealous when I see other people running and I can't. Actually, even when I go running in the morning and then after work I see people running...I get jealous. Or, if I see people running and it's not even a run day for me I get jealous! We runners have issues. lol.

    ReplyDelete