Thursday, October 13, 2011

7 Random Things About Me and an Award


1. I quit cross country in high school because 4 miles was just too far to run for training. (I did the 400m in track). If you would have told me back then that I would become addicted to marathons, I would have thought you were crazy. 2 miles was my long run. :)




2. I had to teach myself to like salad. It wasn't until I was about a senior in high school that I finally convinced myself that salad wasn't gross. It's true, just ask my mom.

3. I broke my collar bone two days before my first trip to Disneyland when I was 9 because I thought I could ride a motor bike by myself (down a hill). 

4. My little boy Boston was born exactly 9 months after my first Boston marathon to the day! (He was 3 weeks early). I didn't realize this until I woke up to watch the 2009 Boston Marathon on his three month birthday.


5. I can't stand my feet to be hot. I sleep with them outside the blankets most of the time, and I used to ice my feet at night when I was pregnant. 

6. I've never had a cavity, and I love going to the dentist. 

7. I think you're never too old to dress up for Halloween, or watch Hocus Pocus every Halloween. (That's about as scary as I'll go with my Halloween movies.) Since it's October and I love Halloween, here's a few pictures from our costumes the past couple years...

First Halloween married: Headless Butler and Maid.


Second Halloween married: Frankenstein and his (6 month pregnant) Bride.
First family Halloween: Batwoman, Dark Knight, and Joker.

So why did I just share 7 random things about myself?


Because thanks to Wym, I got my first blog award! Check out her new blog!




 Here's how it works:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their post. 
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award to 5 recently discovered blogs. 

I pass this to:


Tell me one random thing about you now!

What are you or your kids going to be for Halloween? 

4 comments:

  1. Awww. Thanks for the blog love! And thanks for tweeting about my giveaway. You know, if you ever really want a book I can always pick an extra for you :) Those were great random things by the way. It's going to be hard for me to top them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the much deserved award! So funny about your son being born exactly 9 months after Boston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I'm actually the OPPOSITE of you! I like my feet in socks at all times and under the covers....LOVE HOT FEET. HAHA.

    Congrats on the blog award. I can tell why. Your blog rocks.

    Random fact about me....my dad invented the pizza rolls.....oh and I LOVE black licorice but might be the only one!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously i totally understand about salad! i had to teach myself that too and in high school I only ran when punished at volleyball. Who knew!

    ReplyDelete