Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Training Log Tuesday: 8/29-9/4


Weekly workout summary color code:
Running=Red
Swimming=Blue
Biking=Purple
At Home Workout DVD's=Orange
Elliptical=Green
Walking=Pink
Free Weights=Grey

Monday: Pilates(40 min.)/10:15AM. 17 miles on Stationary Bike(60 min.)/8PM.

Tuesday: Yoga(60 min.)/8:30AM. (Stinking Hot)Track Workout: 12x400 (About 1:30-1:40) + 2.5 miles warm-up/cool down/6:30PM.

Wednesday: Gym Ball(30 min.)/2PM. Swim board leg kicks(30 min.) + Swimming(10 min.)/6PM.

Thursday: Jogging Stroller Walk (Not sure. Maybe 45 min.)/8:30AM. 7 mile Treadmill Run: Mile 1(9:09), Mile 2-4(7:13), Mile 4-5(walk/jog), Mile 5-7(8-ish pace)/6:30PM.

Friday: 10 miles on Stationary Bike(35 min.)/6PM. Then I jumped in the pool with my exercise clothes on and joined Scott and Boston for some Friday night relaxing in the pool after doing a little swim board kicks and swimming

Saturday: 13.25 mile run(8:30 avg. pace)/6AM.

Sunday: REST

Total Running Miles: 26-27

I tried my best to follow the Run Less Run Faster program this week, and I got pretty close. My tempo run on Thursday was supposed to be five miles at 7:13 pace, but I only managed 3 and then did some slower miles. My track intervals were slower than I wanted, but my stomach wasn't too happy with me that night. I didn't stick to my no-gluten rule that day and I paid for it at the track. I was not feeling well at all, and the 100 degree weather just added to my discomfort. Saturday was a pretty good run. I ran with two of my friends and we all felt like we were running faster than what the GPS was saying, but I guess we were just a little wiped out from the humidity or something. We were completely drenched in sweat despite starting at 6AM. 

Hopefully next week I'll have better luck with my track workout (and sticking to my gluten free/happy stomach diet). I'm not sure what my workout goals are this week. We have company coming this weekend, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze in a long run or not. And I already traded my tempo run for a jogging stroller run because it was either that or nothing due to our schedule this week. However, I thoroughly enjoyed that jogging stroller run today. The weather cooled down a bit and it was heavenly. Plus Little B did awesome in the stroller. I think I need a good strength workout this week. That was lacking from my workouts last week, so that will be my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment