Saturday, September 10, 2011

Taste of Fall and a Reminder Why Getting Up at 5AM on Saturday is Worth It!

Still no internet in our apartment, but me and little B made a quick stop by our clubhouse to use the internet here for a little bit. He's happily watching a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode on youtube, and I thought I'd write a little update about my run this morning. It turned out to be one of my favorite Saturday runs in a long time.

Good weather, good company, and good pace. Doesn't get much better than that! It was one of those runs that reminded me why hearing an alarm go off at 5AM on Saturday is all worth it in the end.

The cooler weather was heavenly. It made me want to go home and bake something with pumpkin in it. I love Fall, and I didn't think I would be getting a taste of it for quite some time. I know the weather will probably be back in the 100's next week, but this week was awesome, and I soaked it in as much as possible.

I went with my friends Ashley, Jenny, and Jenny's boyfriend. I'm so grateful to have so many good friends here to run with. I definitely wouldn't be out there by myself at 6AM, that's for sure.

We ran 15 miles together, talking and laughing the whole time. Don't ask me what we manage to talk about for two+ hours. I'm not sure how we manage to have so much to say either, but we pretty much just talk about anything and everything. That's why running buddies are such good friends. I've talked about this before, but I really love the running buddy bond. We started out around an 8:40 pace and ended up around a 7:40 pace. (Our average pace was 8:13.) My favorite kind of long runs are the ones that gradually get faster as the run goes on. I tend to get slower as the run goes on when it comes to long runs, so ending faster and feeling good makes for an extra awesome run. Seeing the sun rise over the pretty fields we were running by just topped it off for one of my favorite Saturday runs. It was the perfect way to start my Saturday, even if I had to get up at 5AM to do it. I'd say it was well worth it.

I wish I had some fun pictures of our run to add, but hopefully I'll be back to my regular picture blogging next week when I don't have to make a quick clubhouse stop to use the internet.

Does Fall weather make your day too?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the perfect run! How awesome to do your long run with others too. And speedy pace!
    :)

    ReplyDelete