Thanks to cardio cinema: toddler style.
It was complete with a mini bag of popcorn to-go. When I asked him if he wanted to go running the next day after cardio cinema day one, he actually said yes. Well, I think his exact words were, "I'm gonna watch Fox and the Hound!" Either way, he was willing to go, and that's all that matters. Movie and popcorn bribes are a little healthier than cookie bribes too. :)
I remember when Boston was about 12 months old and starting his throw-everything-out-of-the- stroller-don't-make-me-sit-in-here phase. As I was stopping for about the fifth time in five minutes to pick up a shoe or toy or whatever else he had found, I saw a mom run by with her daughter happily watching a movie while she rode in the jogging stroller. I thought to myself. "Wow. I can't wait until Boston's old enough to watch a movie in the jogging stroller without chucking it across the track." I completely forgot about that thought until a few days ago when I looked at one of our old laptops collecting dust under our couch. I knew we kept that thing around for something.
Thanks to that old, beat-up laptop I got a couple hour long runs in with significantly fewer stick picking up stops. Although, as you can see by the picture, I did have to stop once or twice for a few sticks. That was mostly because the battery died about ten minutes before we got home. Too bad the battery only lasts an hour. Or maybe I should be grateful for that. This stroller is getting heavier and heavier, and the hills around here seem to be getting bigger and longer.
This is so cute! What a fun idea, I bet this makes running so much easier!
ReplyDeletethat is SO fantastic! GENIUS, I tell ya! :D
ReplyDeleteSo how do you get the laptop to stay on without falling off?
ReplyDeleteYeah I was thinking that pushing Boston in a stroller sounded hard! Maybe that's why your runs without him are seeming easy!