Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eat of the Week: Feta Chicken

Here's another easy, healthy, yummy recipe for you to try! 


It even looks pretty in the pan. Reminds me of Christmas. 



I didn't measure everything out perfectly, so I'll give my best estimates, but I'm sure it will be good whether the measurements are exact or not. 

6-10 frozen chicken tenderloins
4 oz. crumbled feta
1 tomato, cut up
1/4 C. chopped parsley
1/4 red pepper, chopped
2T. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place frozen chicken tenderloins in pan. Drizzle chicken with lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Top with feta, tomato, parsley, and red pepper. Bake about 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.

All three of us loved it! Right after I made it I had to run off to meet my friend at the track for our speed workout. When I got home I was shocked when Scott told me that Boston ate 3 pieces of it. He almost never eats chicken. 


No, this is not another salad post, but yes this leftover chicken made a smokin' good salad a few days later. 


Here's a close-up of that baby. Wow, that was good. Scott had a couple bites of it and said, "You can't even get a salad that good at Red Robin." I agree. I felt slightly bad that there was only enough chicken leftover for one salad, and I called dibs on it. Although you might think that ginormous heaping of food serves two, it only serves one in my opinion. At least I shared a couple bites right? That's a step, and hopefully I'll make this again soon. Maybe I'll even double the recipe next time.

3 comments:

  1. Im addicted to feta. I cant wait to try the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish! Way to use the yellow squash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look sooo good! I might actually try it, sounds easy enough.
    I LOVE your Roxy shirt! Dang cute!

    ReplyDelete