Thursday, September 1, 2011

3 Fun Purchases Today

Little B woke up extra early this morning, so I thought we'd take advantage of the first few morning hours that are below 100 degrees and walk to the store. We ended up at Target and The Vitamin Shoppe, and I got a couple things I am excited about. 


I've never tried chia seeds before, but I see them all over the healthy living blogs, and I've seen so many recipes that I want to try with them. One of the first recipes I want to try is this Repair and Recover Chia Pudding. Click the link for the recipe and a brief summary of the health benefits of chia seeds. 



Since quitting the gym and deciding to get my workouts in at home (click here for stay-at-home-mom workout ideas), I've been borrowing a friend's weights to do my workout dvds. She is about to have a baby and needed her weights back to do her own workouts at home. I decided these 5 pound weights would be a good first addition to a future, far-future (My husband reads this) at-home gym room. I can't wait until we have a gym room in our house that looks a little more like this:

But for now those 5 pound weights in my living room will work. :)



Lastly, I am so excited to have a good book to read! I know this will be a good book because everyone is talking about it all over facebook, twitter, and blogs. I figure if that many people like it, it's gotta be good right? I have been in need of another good book since finishing my Run Less Run Faster book. (I know I still need to do a summary on what I learned from that book. Hopefully I will get around to that soon.) 

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet in our house right now. It's been two days since the little one took a nap. He's exhausted, which means he'll probably take a nice long nap for me and I'll get to start reading my new book. I'm also looking forward/scared for my tempo run tonight! I'm 1/3 of the way done with my workout goals for the week. I got an interval session in Tuesday night (still sore too), and I'm hoping for a good 5 mile treadmill run tonight. 

Do you have a dream room?
Scott's is a theater room, and of course mine is a treadmill/gym room.

What's the last good book you've read? 
Scott and I are actually reading The Five Love Languages together right now, and I highly recommend it to anyone! It's very helpful in marriages and relationships! We've learned a lot about each other. It's funny how you think you know your spouse so well the day you get married, and that there's nothing else to learn about them. :)

Have you ever tried chia seeds? Do you have a favorite way to eat them? 


2 comments:

  1. That is SO funny that your husband made you skip a class--mine did the SAME thing! :D Glad to know I'm not alone.

    And this dream workout room of yours pretty much rocks!

    Plus, the 5 Love Languages is such a great tool. It's amazing how marriage is a CONSTANT learning process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time Im in SA Im heading to the vitamin shoppe! I didnt know there was one. Whole foods is so expensive. I have been looking for chia seeds too.

    ReplyDelete