Alright, I want to get back in the habit of regularly posting on here again. After my sister left I was trying to get caught up on our family blog. One blog post a day is usually enough for me, so I haven't been keeping up with this one. I'm almost caught up on our family blog now, so I thought I'd start back up on this blog with Training Log Tuesday. Today's is a double edition since I missed the week my sister was here.
Here's the color code:
Running=Red
Swimming=Blue
Biking=Purple
At Home Workout DVD's=Orange
Elliptical=Green
Walking=Pink
Free Weights=Grey
August 8-14:
Monday: I went over to my friend Heather's house this morning and we let the kids play while we did a mixture of workout dvds. Biggest Loser Cardio Max(15min.)/9AM, Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack Level 1(35min.), Bob Harper's Weight Loss Yoga(15min.). Swimming Practice(30 min.)/7PM.
Tuesday: Jogging stroller run(40 min.)/9AM, Jogging stroller walk(30 min.)/9AM.
Wednesday: Pilates(30 min.)/7:30AM, 30 Day Shred Level 3(20min.)/8AM. Swimming Lesson(30 min.)/11:30AM. 4 miles on elliptical(37 min.)/8:30PM.
Thursday: Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack Level 2(35min.)/8:30AM.
Friday: 4.5 mile run(40 min.)/7:40AM. 1 mile elliptical(10 min.)/8:20AM. Pilates(35 min.)/9AM.
Saturday: 8 mile run(?)/8AM. Swimming practice(about 20 min.)/11:30AM.
Sunday: Rest.
Total Running Miles: About 17. (It's hard for me to tell now since my nike ipod died. I usually just run for a certain amount of time and I have no idea how far I've gone, so for now I'll just estimate my mileage.)
Not very many miles this week, but my sister was here, and we were doing a lot more fun things than running! I'm happy with this workout week.
August 15-21:
Monday: 3.5 mile run(30 min.)/7:30AM. 2.5 miles on elliptical(20 min.)/12:30PM. Free weights with Kristen(20 min.)/1:00PM.
Tuesday: 6-7 mile run(60 min.)/7:45AM. 30 Day Shred Level 2(20 min.)/3:30PM.
Wednesday: Rest.
Thursday: 30 Day Shred Level 2(20 min.)/9:45AM. Gym Ball(35 min.)/8:30PM.
Friday: Boot Camp(30 min.)/8:30AM. Pilates(20 min.)/2PM.
Saturday: 12 mile run(1:43)/6:15AM. Swimming Practice(20 min.)/9:30AM.
Sunday: Rest.
Total Running Miles: 22.5
My main workout goal this week is to work up the guts to do a tempo run, and a faster long run on Saturday. I want to start following the Run Less Run Faster plan, so that means I need to hit a certain pace on my runs rather than just going whatever pace I'm comfortable with for the day. I'm hoping to do a 7 mile run tomorrow with 4 of the miles being at tempo pace. I think my tempo pace will be about 7:00/mile, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I can do that or not.
Do you like to workout on vacation or when you have visitors, or do you like to take a break?
I think working out on vacation just makes the vacation that much better.
i never had much luck with the nike thing. Mine died after like 3 workouts. I love my run keeper on the iphone thought. you can track, map, cross train and it has a GPS! i am moving my blog, I hope you will come follow the new one!
ReplyDeleteI like to workout on vacation! It makes me feel better about all the goodies I'm sure to eat! If possible, I find hotels that have gyms so it's that much easier. But if not, I have no problem working out in the room. When MY sister comes to visit we like to workout together too! I more of the runner but we're trying to run a race together sometime in the future.
ReplyDelete