Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Training Log Tuesday: 7/18-7/31

I decided I am going to add another weekly post in addition to my "Eat of the Week" Wednesdays. "Training Log Tuesdays" will be a summary of my workouts for the week. I wanted to do this so I could look back on different times in my life and see what I was doing for my exercise, and when I was fitting it in. 

For example, I think it would be fun to look back on my busy college days and see when I was able to squeeze in my workouts and compare them to my workouts as a stay-at-home-mom.

Me in the middle of two of my favorite college running buddies. This was the one on my right's bridal shower, hence her crown.

It's always so fun to have friends as crazy as you are about running. I remember some late night and early morning runs with these guys. Despite classes, tests, boyfriends, and jobs, we always managed to get our running in. I miss these guys!


I also wish I had kept a training log from when I was pregnant! I remember running and exercising throughout my first pregnancy, but I don't remember exactly how many miles I ran, how often I ran, or what times of day I ran. I asked Scott the other night if he remembers me doing long runs on Saturdays when I was pregnant with Boston. He said he doesn't remember me ever NOT doing long runs on Saturdays, but I honestly can't remember doing long runs on Saturdays when I was pregnant. I wish I had written it down so I would know! Thanks to this picture though, I at least know that I ran a  4 mile turkey trot when I was about 30 weeks. I also remember that this was the last day I ran with this pregnancy because of Braxton hicks contractions that acted up with running. After this race I remember watching "A Baby Story" on TLC while doing the elliptical at the gym. 

I think it will be fun to have a record of my weekly workouts and be able to look back on them when I'm in a different stage of life!

So here's last week's workout summary:
(I didn't decide I wanted to do this until the week was almost over, so I don't have all the times of day I did this week's workouts.)

Monday: 6 miles/jogging stroller/ 9AM. Pilates (35 min.)/9PM.
Tuesday: 25 min. Elliptical/ 6AM, 10 min. free wts., Jillian's 6 week 6 pack level 1(35min.)
Wednesday: 6 miles/jogging stroller/ 8AM. Gym ball dvd (35 min.), Swim Lessons 6PM.
Thursday: Treadmill intervals 6AM (4 miles w/3x800), Jillian's 30 Day Shred level 3 (20 min.)/4PM
Friday: Boot Camp DVD (50 min.)/8AM. Jillian's 6 week 6 pack level 1(15 min.)/2PM. Swim lessons 6PM.
Saturday: Stationary bike (30 min.)/7AM. 14 mile run/8AM.
Sunday: Rest day

Total running miles: 30

Since I'm not training for anything right now I am just setting random goals for my weekly workouts to keep myself motivated. This week my goal was to do 40-60 minutes of cardio, plus one workout dvd of my choice. It ended up being a really good workout week for me. I was actually shocked that I ran 30 miles this week when I finished logging my workouts. I cut way back on my running for about three months after I ran Boston, but the past few weeks I have been missing it a lot, and I guess I went a little crazy with it this week. I have the rain to thank for half of those miles though! 

This next week my goal will be the same as last: 40-60 minutes of cardio plus one workout dvd. I'm not sure if I'll make my goal this week. It's 10PM right now and I haven't done my cardio today, just some yoga this morning. Pretty sure the cardio isn't going to happen today. That's OK though. I know it will just make me more motivated to do it tomorrow. 

Do you log your workouts? 

What's one of your workout goals this week?


2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! It helps me see the reality of when and how much a runner likes to run. It gives me something to go off of to plan my workouts. What do the colors mean in your weekly summary? You should have a color legend to say what each color means. Red=running? Can't wait for more of these posts. Should I do a weekly log on my blog of when and how much I read??? Email me and let me know if you reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My workout goal this week is to workout more than once a week! ahhhh! speaking of working out during various times of your life- this is my worst time ever. 4 busy kids, working full time including a mix of graveyards and days gives me lots of excuses to skip! I like sleep more than exercise, that's my problem.

    ReplyDelete