Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Eat of the Week: Quinoa Taco Salad

I've been having fun finding and trying new recipes lately, especially gluten free ones. This recipe is from glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com with a tiny tweaking of my own. Both Scott and I love this, so I thought I'd share the goodness.

Here's the Recipe:

Quinoa Taco Salad

Olive oil, as needed
Juice from 2 limes
Sea salt, to taste
2-3 T. chopped cilantro
1 small yellow pepper, diced (**we used yellow this time, but next time I am going to use orange or red because with the corn and quinoa being yellow, there was a lot of yellow.)
1 C. roasted corn kernals
Romaine lettuce
Tortilla chips
1 large avocado
1 diced mango
Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning, to taste
Other optional toppings: chicken, black beans, cheese, salsa, onions, whatever else you want.

Quinoa is cooked similar to rice. Put two cups of water per cup of quinoa. I made one cup of quinoa for this dinner. Drizzle cooked quinoa with olive oil, and toss to coat. Squeeze limes, and toss again. Season with salt to taste. Broil corn and pepper for about 10 minutes sprinkled with Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning. Add corn, peppers, and cilantro to quinoa. Stir lightly. Line 4 plates or bowls with romaine lettuce. Top with quinoa, mango, avocado, chips, cheese and other toppings of your choice! Yum Yum!

Scott added chicken to his, but I left it off mine since quinoa already has protein in it. Quinoa is a new staple in this house since it's gluten free and has protein, two things high on my food priority list these days.

Where do you like to look for new recipes?
I usually use blogs these days. I have a list of food blogs at the top of my blog if you want to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment