Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Taking the Plunge

Remember this goal? After tomorrow night I'll be one step closer to it. I finally signed up for some official swim lessons!


Doggie paddling is my best form of swimming as of right now.

After 25 years I decided it was time for me to learn how to swim properly. I haven't had a swim lesson since I was about 4 years old, and the only thing I remember from those is how to dive for rings at the bottom of the pool. That won't do me any good for my goal of completing a triathlon though. 

I'm excited for my first real swimming lesson tomorrow!


Since the race pickings are kind of slim around here as far as running goes, I'm excited for the day when I can add triathlons to my race pickings. 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I don't know how to swim either and have been wanting to learn for years as well! You are my inspiration. I've been loosely (VERY loosely) pondering a triathalon too...but I fear bikes and can't swim! Maybe I'll get some courage once I see your success at it! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I didn't learn to really swim until I was 23 or so - took swim lessons just so I could do triathlons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I want to do triatlons too! They sound a lot more appealing to me than marathons. Maybe once I'm finished with track I'll try one. I'll have to take swim lessons too though so you can let me know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES YES YES!!!! Welcome to the DARK SIDE!! =) You will love it!!!!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete