I made this salad the other night and didn't know what kind of dressing to put on it. As I was deciding, I took a bite and realized it was too good for dressing. I was kind of shocked when I finished eating it that I had just eaten a salad with no dressing. I didn't even know salads were edible without dressing. I guess I learned something new that night.
I usually eat sweet salads with strawberries and craisins, so I'd never thought to put zucchini on a salad before, but now it's one of my favorite toppings.
It was brought to my attention tonight as I was talking to my sister on the phone that the only foods I blog about are salads and rice cakes. That made me laugh because I can definitely see why my sister said that. My food loves come in cycles. When I find something I like, I get obsessed with it. I tend to stick to a few main foods until I eat them so many times that I get sick of them and move on to something else. As of right now those food loves happen to be salad and rice cake concoctions.
BUT,
Just for my sister, here are a few non salad and rice cake recipes that I love: Southwest-Style Turkey Burgers, Crockpot Tilapia, Crockpot Salsa Chicken, Not an Empty Calorie Cookie, Mango Salsa and Cilantro Rice, Mango Chicken Tacos.
And for the fellow salad lovers, here's another delicious concoction:
Romaine lettuce
1 medium zucchini cooked (I just sprayed a pan with Pam and cooked it until it was browned the way I like it)
Canned corn and red peppers cooked in Mrs. Dash Southwest Seasoning
1 T. Parmesan
1 Slice Jalapeno Jack Cheese torn up (this is another one of my favorite foods right now)
5 slices turkey deli meat torn up
Do you eat the same things over and over?
What are your current food obsessions?
Do you ever eat salad without dressing?


It depends on the salad whether I put dressing on it. But if I do it's only extra virgin olive oil and vinegar (regular or balsamic). Living in Spain has been the influence. They don't use all those bottled dressings that we have in the States. I definitely go through obessions about food but I get sick of things quickly. My husband can get the same thing forever! I'm currently on the look out for more interesting recipes.
ReplyDeleteLooks so yummy! My food obsessions are rasin bran crunch (daily breakfast), Crystal light energy (pretty much all I drink), honey wheat bread toast (another daily), and lean cuizine frozen dinners. I need a good drink to get me off crystal light.
ReplyDeleteSalads don't need dressing if they have something like cheese, roasted veggies, ect... Just something moist and flavorful. If you are eating plain lettuce though, put something on there.
ReplyDelete