Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some Gluten-Free Goodness



I picked these up at Costco last Saturday because I had a coupon. Now I can be obsessed with rice cakes, and rice chips. These are so good. I'm glad I got two bags because they are going fast. 


I also discovered a new favorite rice cake combination a week or so ago. I have to share it because it makes me so happy. Sorry for the half-eaten picture. It's that good. I couldn't even wait two seconds to take the picture before I ate half of it. Plain rice cakes with peach activia yogurt, fresh peaches, and frozen raspberries. Try it! I hope it makes you happy too. 


This one wasn't as good as the peach/raspberry one, but it is still good enough to share. I eat it for a post-meal sweet. I always want something sweet after I eat lunch and dinner, so I try to at least make it a healthy sweet (sometimes). This was a plain rice cake with 1 T. whipped cream cheese, fresh strawberries, and 1 T. chocolate chips. It's a pretty good dessert for about 150 calories. 

If you eat gluten free, what's your favorite gluten-free snack? 
Obviously I'm a fan of rice cakes, and now rice chips, but I'm pretty new to the gluten-free eating, so I might be missing out on some good stuff I haven't heard of yet.

Do you have to have something sweet after lunch and dinner? 
The only time I didn't is when I was pregnant. My sweet tooth simmered way down. It was nice. I was hoping it was gone for good, but as soon as Little B was born, my sweet tooth was back in full force. I even remember only wanting to eat the dessert from the meals they brought me at the hospital. I gave almost all my food to Scott and just ate the dessert. Then I would be starving by midnight and make Scott hunt down some snacks from the nurses for me.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! those look so good! those chips really are addicting!!
    I always need something sweet after I eat! My favorite easy gluten free snack is just a banana with almond butter.. simple but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have to try these, to supplement my rice cake addiction. I actually really love GF corn tortillas. I cut them up and pop them in the toaster oven to make chips, as a snack or to toss on a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live for rice cakes when in competition training. I don't know why they were such a staple for fitness competitors?? Your manner of eating them is WAY more appealing than any way I ever had them then! LOL

    ReplyDelete