Friday, July 8, 2011

Jillian Michaels and Jack Bauer Date Night

I'm not sure if I wanted Scott to do the workout dvd with me more because I like to have a workout buddy, or more because I'm secretly jealous of him comfortably sitting on the couch while I'm sweating away. I never did convince him to do the 30 Day Shred with me, but tonight I finally won! It was almost 9:00PM and the only exercise I had gotten today was walking to the fridge to eat popsicles, and I needed a little extra motivation to get some exercise in. 

As you can tell, he was thrilled about doing a girly workout dvd with me.
I used one of my exercise motivation tips, the one that works best in my opinion, and found a workout buddy (although it took some convincing and compromising). After I put Boston to bed I decided I was way too tired to work out, but when I walked out to the living room, Scott had the video all ready to go. I'm a good convincer. :) This is why a workout buddy is one of the best exercise motivators! How dumb would I have looked if I had spent all that time begging him to exercise with me, and then said I didn't want to do it anymore. 


I'll admit I got the better deal in this compromise because all I have to do is watch 24 with him now. Ever since we finished watching LOST together we've been wanting to start another suspense type series. Scott borrowed the first season of 24 from a friend at work and is really excited to start it. I'm a little nervous about all the blood and gore, not my thing, but I won't be too surprised if I end up getting really into it. 

Thanks Jack Bauer and Jillian Michaels for making us both happy on our Friday night date. :) 

What's something you love that your spouse is not crazy about? 
Running. He doesn't quite understand why I love getting up at 6:00AM every Saturday and spending hours and hours making myself sweaty and sore. Sometimes I don't quite understand it either. All I know is that I can't live without it. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been marathoning 24, and I'm obsessed!
    I'm also obsessed with running, but my boyfriend understands that just cuz he is the same way ;)
    Love your blog :)
    <3 Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon got me into running, bless him. He tried biking for me but hated it. He still rode though and endured every ride. I think it's important to have things you like to do together- and actually do it together. even if it's just one thing- like 24 :)

    ReplyDelete