Tuesday, July 5, 2011

30 Minute Elliptical Workout and Jillian's 6 Week Six-Pack Mini Review

Tonight I had 30 minutes to get a workout in after Scott got home from work, and before he had to leave again for his basketball game. I decided to google elliptical workouts, and picked this one from fitsugar.com

It was a fun workout that went by really fast because I was changing the resistance or the speed every minute or two. It was just hard enough to get some endorphin energy flowing, but easy enough that I wasn't wiped out when it was over. 

Here it is. Try it. I think you'll like it!



Time (minutes)
Resistance
Speed (RPM)
0-3
4
130-140
3-5
5
150
5-6
5
170
6-8
5
140
8-9
5
180
9-10
5
140
10-12
7
180
12-13
7
130 (backwards)
13-14
9
160-170
14-15
5
130 (backwards)
15-16
9
170-180
16-17
7
130-140
17-18
9
180
18-20
7
130 (backwards)
20-22
7
180-190
22-23
5
130-140
23-25
7
170-180
25-30
5
130-150



I also dared to try Jillian's 6 Week Six-Pack for my second time this morning because my neck is all better now. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being. I actually enjoyed it today. I did level one which is 35 minutes. Even though it's an ab dvd, it's not 35 minutes of pure crunches and different kinds of sit-ups. She throws in some legs and a little cardio as well. On level one you do one circuit of exercises for about 15 minutes, and then repeat it. I'll stick with level one the rest of this month, and then I'll try level two and let you know how it is. I'm not sure how often I want to do this dvd yet. I'm thinking I'm only ready to commit to doing it 2-3 times per week. It's a fun way to get some good core work in, and I would recommend it if you're thinking of buying it. I got mine from amazon right here.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great elliptical workout! I get bored on there if I don't mix it up, so this workout looks perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would deftly be into trying the abs workout. I mean who doesn't want a 6 pack ;)

    Awesome workout!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete