1. Start reading this!
I've always loved running 5-6 days a week, and it used to drive me crazy to miss one of those days, but since moving to Texas I've recently fallen in love with cross training. (It's too dang hot during the summer to enjoy 5-6 days of running!) In the past I never would have considered a training program like this, but right now I think a 3 day running week is perfect for me. I found a half marathon in October that I want to do, and I'll be putting the training advice in this book to use. I'll keep you updated on how I like it. I'm excited to try something new! (Thanks to the Gourmet Runner blog, I was inspired to buy this book today. Can't wait to read it! And try it!)
2. Learn how to use this!
After ruining two phones from too much sweat (I told you it's too hot to run here in the summer!), I finally got a much needed new phone tonight! Haven't had a new phone in over two years, so I'm excited to be a little more up to date with my phone technology. Now I just need to figure out how to use it, but I'm loving the touch screen! Good thing I've already learned that sports bras aren't a good place to store your phone while running, and water proof running belts aren't water proof if you douse yourself in water for 13 miles. Now that I know those two things, hopefully this one will stick around for awhile.
3. Watch more of this!

We started season 1 of 24 last Friday and we are completely hooked. I love suspense series while the show is on, but as soon as we turn it off I get all scared of the dark and stuff. There's no way I could handle watching a show like this by myself. Good thing my husband doesn't mind me clinging to him like a 5 year old. This show gets my heart rate going so much that I even kind of feel like I'm getting some exercise while watching it. Ha ha. We have been staying up too late because for some reason we always think the next episode won't end in as much suspense as the last. I've realized that I'm going to have to live with some suspense or I'll never sleep again until all 8 seasons are over.
Got a busy night! Can't wait! Check back tomorrow for my "Eat of the Week!"
What's the last show you were addicted to?
Have you tried the Run Less Run Faster training?


I'm obsessed with 24!
ReplyDeleteMy boyfriend and I finished season 8 and started season 9 on skype tonight, haha!
And I really want to read that book, too :)
Except I have to run every day.. for my sanity ;)
I guess I could cross train, though! Hmm, idk!
Anyway, good luck with figuring out your new phone!! :D
<3 Haley
I've done RLRF plans for years now and they took me straight to Boston baby! Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteSo excited that you got the book! I haven't started formally using it, but I'm really enjoying running less and focusing more on cross training. Of course, in this heat running every day is nearly impossible!
ReplyDeleteI put the book on hold at my local library. Can't wait to check it out.
ReplyDeleteSo what are you doing for cross training? Everything I've read said it's smartest to cross train and run less as well.
ReplyDeleteyour phone looks tiny!