My gym membership was fun while it lasted (a story for another day), but now I'm falling in love with the convenience and money-saving of turning my living room into a gym.
I had a $30 gift card to Amazon (thanks sissies!) that I put to good use, and this is what I got in the mail today! I can't wait to try them all! Scott laughed when I opened up the box like it was Christmas and said, "Ahhh candy!" with a huge smile on my face. I'm know I'm a nerd, but all those pretty, bright colors on the cases, and the mystery of what each dvd contained, was like opening a box of mystery flavor skittles to me.
There's nothing like a new workout dvd to add motivation to the everyday lull of working out. In fact, the only reason I did the pilates ball workout during Boston's nap time today was because I was so curious what pilates with a ball would be like. I was a little disappointed, but I guess it was still worth the $4 I paid for it. I didn't feel like it was much of a workout, but it's perfect for the days when I'm not in the mood for a sweaty, hard workout.
I love that all the dvds are different types of workouts so I'll have something for whatever mood I'm in that day. I got Bob Harper's yoga (I've never been a yoga lover, so we'll see if I can learn to like it), Jillian Michaels' abs, Pilates, Biggest Loser cardio, and one more I'm still waiting on which is a Boot Camp one. I'll let you know how they all are! I think I'm most excited/curious to do Jillian Michaels' abs. Not sure if I dare to do it the day before my half marathon though, so I might have to stay curious for a few more days.
Wow that looks like so much fun! Can't wait to hear what you think about them? I like to do my own thing too, although I need to move out before I'll get to.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome! You can get such a great workout in without the gym. Look up some exercises with the ball...there are some seriously tough ab exercises if it seems too easy for you (but wait until after your half!!)
ReplyDelete:)
i just got a crunch yoga dvd. im excited ti try it. let me know how you like the others!
ReplyDeleteKim burned me her Px90 DVD's. You should seriously try them. They KICK BOOTIE!!!!!
ReplyDelete