Friday, May 27, 2011

Update: My Daily Cookie Test

Lynn Jennings said, "Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like the muscles of the body." Let's just say I'm going to need a lot more exercise in the mental will department before I can do something crazy like only eat one cookie a day for more than two days. Yep, I think that lofty goal of mine lasted about two days. If I were to compare my daily cookie test to a 6 mile run, I would say I had a great two mile run, and then walked/jogged the rest. But hey, I always tell myself that any exercise is better than no exercise! 


While I didn't make my goal of only one cookie a day until they were gone, the cookies did stick around a lot longer than cookies normally do around here. I even had to freeze them to keep them from going stale. And then I found out that frozen cookies taste much better, especially when it's 100 degrees outside. Got to love the San Antonio summers. 

I was a little disappointed with my lack of will power, but then I tried to cheer myself up and focus on the positives. I've learned through years of running that focusing on the positives is the only thing that has kept me from quitting. I want my mental will power in the dessert department to be as strong as my mental will power in the exercise department. (I'm not saying I want to ex-nay dessert, I just want to tone down the cravings and portion sizes.) It took me years of practicing everyday to get to where I'm at with my mental will to exercise, so I guess if I want my mental will for dessert moderation to be that strong, I shouldn't expect to have it in one week. :)

Anyway, the new plan is to exercise a little dessert moderation everyday, remind myself that any "exercise" is better than no "exercise", and focus on the little successes. 

What's something you like better frozen? 
Mint oreos! Oh ya, I'm trying to tone it down on the dessert. Lately I've been loving frozen berries. They melt in your mouth too! Try this if you haven't yet! I'm obsessed. It's been my daily breakfast for awhile now. 

1 comment:

  1. I am always having to work through will power with sweets. It has been years of practice and now I mostly can have good will power. Although some days all bets are off. ;) I thihnk you're doing great!

    And I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete