We've really grown to love Texas since moving here about a year ago, but running in 85% humidity is just nasty. My sopping wet shirt and curly soaked hair make it look like I ran in the pouring rain, but that's just part of the sacrifice we make for having 75 degree winters.
Not convinced this was the most disgusting run ever yet? Take a look at the next picture, and I think you will be....
Just in case you were wondering, those aren't freckles. They're gnats! These bugs were just floating in the thick humid air. The first time I wiped my face and noticed bugs all over my hand, I freaked out. Then I realized they were on my shirt, all over my legs, arms, and hands, and having a party on my neck. I frantically tried to wipe them off every few minutes, but realized it was useless.
After making Scott take those nasty pictures, I ran straight for the shower. Nothing beats a long, hot shower after a long, sweaty run. Actually, I take that back. A long hot shower after a sweaty, buggy run definitely beats it.
Even Scott who makes fun of me for being such a girly girl when it comes to bugs grimaced when he saw the gnats splattered all over me. If I had been doing anything else besides running there's no way I would have been able to handle these bugs. Running has a way of bringing out the tough girl in me.
But, if I hadn't been running with my friend Ashley, I probably would have run straight home for the shower. The power of a workout buddy is awesome! It's true what they say, misery loves company. I think we both realized we wouldn't have been out there this morning if we had to go by ourselves, but we ended up finishing the 10 miles despite our revolt with the bugs.
It was almost a whole week since my last run, so I'm not used to having to do Jillian Michaels and running. I decided I better hurry and get day 9 over with before I decided I was too tired. It was definitely the hardest day so far. I was so tired, especially my legs. I think I better do the Jillian workout before I run next time. I'm exhausted now. Nap time can't come soon enough.
Thanks to little B for spicing up my 30 day challenge with his killer jumping jacks! Only one more day on level one. Yikes.
I learned something new about myself today! Apparently I like running more than I hate bugs.
What do you like running more than?






WOW..... You are sure tough. I would have freaked out. Oh Texas, I will not miss that humidity and the abundance of bugs. WAY TO BE TOUGH!!!!
ReplyDelete