Sunday, May 22, 2011

Better Than Running

Saturday long runs have become as much of a habit as brushing my teeth before I go to bed at night ever since I trained for my first marathon back in 2005. Despite thinking that would be my only marathon, because I thought all I wanted to do was cross it off my list of goals, it's just been one race after another since then. 


As much as I love and look forward to my Saturday long runs every Saturday, I would trade them in a second for another Saturday like this! 


Last Saturday I decided to skip running and spend the morning hiking, picnicking, and holding puppies on the side of the road with this cute guy, and Scott (he's cute too of course). 


It was a gorgeous day. As soon as we got to the park and I saw the running trails, I started second guessing my decision to skip running that day. I was in my running clothes, the weather was perfect, and there was new, fun territory to explore. Scott even said he'd play with Little B while I went for a little run, but I told myself I was going to take a break, so I stuck with that decision.  


And a good decision it was because I learned that I don't have to run every Saturday in order to have a good Saturday. This was one of the best Saturdays I've had in  a long time! 


Nothing beats running like spending a day with these two!

Who needs running endorphins when you can see a face like this light up?


What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday morning?

1 comment:

  1. I foresee a great blogging friendship beginning! Love finding other mom bloggers into health and fitness!

    Sounds like a fantastic Saturday. I love getting my long runs in on Saturday mornings too...but certainly enjoy time with the family most on Saturdays.

    Cannot wait to read more and get to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete