Opening the mailbox to find one of my favorite running magazines waiting for me is like sticking my hand in a jacket and finding some unexpected moolah.
But when this month's Runner's World came it was like finding a fly in my salad. The mystery of how the pages came to look like they had been peed on by a dog, and then dragged behind the mail car just made reading that thing a little unappetizing.
However, I do want to say that when the magazine comes looking like this fresh, crisp Zuppas salad, it won't disappoint. It ALWAYS leaves me with some new running advice, workout ideas, or just plain motivation to keep running. It even worked it's magic on me during my first nauseous trimester with little B. I'm pretty sure the day I committed to running throughout my pregnancy, even during the dry-heave-on-the-way-to-meet-my-running-buddy days, was a Runner's World magazine day.
Thanks to that magazine, I'd say I earned my turkey this day.
So if you're looking for some motivation to start running, keep running, or become a better runner, I recommend picking up some running magazines. My top three favorites right now are Runner's World, Running Times, and Competitor! Running magazines have been such a big motivation for me that I've even thought about adding them to my list. What magazines do you like to read?


No comments:
Post a Comment