It started with a pretty run in the pretty rain. The mountains looked awesome with all their bright colors and a layer of misty rain clouds over them. However, a few minutes later the rain wasn't looking so pretty anymore. Car trouble is no fun in the rain. My car was completely dead when I tried to start it up. I was feeling pretty lucky though that I had decided to run at BYU that morning, and it just happened to be a morning that Scott had classes, so I called him up and asked him to come rescue me. I felt kind of bad calling and bugging him at school, but I didn't know what else to do. I felt even worse that he was all dressed up in his suit and on his way to the career fair. Hopefully his wet hair and soggy suit weren't too noticeable at the career fair...
After about and hour of waiting, trying to calm a hysterical baby who just wanted to go home and take a nap, and watching Scott try to jump start the car, it finally started up. Yahoo! I was on my way home now! By this point I was FREEZING because my running clothes and socks were all wet from running in the rain. Boston was still crying hysterically, but at least the car was moving now and he would hopefully just fall asleep on the ride home. I said bye to Scott and sent him off to the career fair. I drove around the block and came to a stop at the next stop light....a permanent stop. I thought, "OH CRAP! My car can't die here! I'm in the middle of an intersection and Boston is still crying hysterically! You gotta be kidding me!" I turned on my hazards, but apparently not fast enough because the light was green and I was getting honked at. I opened my door and waved for the cars to go around me. I've never had my car die in the middle of an intersection, and wow is it embarrassing! I'm not sure if it was just me being self conscious, or if half the people going around me really were looking at me like I tried to inconvenience them on purpose. Sheesh, and let me just add that any slightly stressful situation is multiplied by at least 50 times when you throw a screaming baby in to the picture! AHHH! Let's just say I wasn't enjoying the pretty rainy morning anymore.
I called Scott up and asked him to come rescue me again, feeling bad again that I was keeping my handsome man in his handsome suit from the career fair. I sat in my front seat holding my screaming baby for what felt like an hour as all the cars maneuvered around me. I wished it wasn't raining so I could at least get out and stand on the side of the road with Boston instead of in my foggy car. It felt so weird to be parked and sitting in my car in the middle of the road. Finally two nice men stopped to help me, but it was at the same time that Scott got there too. Our car doesn't let you put it in neutral unless you turn it on, and since it wouldn't turn on we had to bring Scott's car in to the intersection to jump start our car again. We got it started, but we were worried it would die a block down the road again, so I put Boston in Scott's car and he took the problem-causing car back to school since he didn't have very far to drive back to campus. So we'll see if he needs me to come pick him up at the end of the day or not.
Boston did finally fall asleep on the drive home, and I took a hot shower that felt soooo good, and then drank some hot chocolate. I can't believe it's already hot chocolate season again! Anyway, I'm glad that's over with and I'm home now. I hope I will always remember to think twice before I honk at someone or give them a rude look when they are causing an inconvenience on the road because let me tell you that it really sucks to be the person causing the inconvenience. I hope you all think twice before honking or glaring at other drivers too because you never know what their situation is.
Wow, quite the story Andi! I can't imagine how awful that must have been especially with a crying babe. I'm so sorry that had to happen to you!
ReplyDeleteAndi, that was a nightmare in the middle of the day. And it was COLD outside today. You must have been freezing as well as frustrated no end. I'm glad you made it home in one piece with little Boston, and I hope Scott made it home too!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! What a nightmare. I would have been freaking out probably! Glad Scott was able to come and rescue you and it all turned out okay. Isn't it funny how you have sympathy for something/someone once you've experienced it!! Landon always stops to help people with car trouble and I think it's so awesome!! He's a good guy. Too bad we all can't be like that.
ReplyDelete