Well, it's been 6 months since I've written on this blog. Keeping up with this blog plus my family blog got to be too busy, but I think I'll start posting on this blog again whenever I get a chance.
I found a new recipe to try the other night, and it turned out to be one of our new favorite dinners. It was really easy to make too.
Here's the pretty salad. I'm so glad I have something else to look at now besides my triathlon pictures whenever I come to this blog to read the other blogs listed on the side. I was getting really sick of seeing those pictures over and over again. That was actually one of my main motivations to do another post on here. :)
Here's the recipe:
Asian Noodle Salad
6-8 oz. linguine of choice, cooked
2 C. loosely packed spinach
1 C. slivered green cabbage
1 C. slivered purple cabbage
1 green bell pepper
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 T. minced fresh cilantro
1 C. toasted peanuts
Put the peanuts in a nonstick pan on medium heat until they're lightly toasted, then just toss all the ingredients together in a big bowl. I actually didn't measure the cabbage and spinach exactly. I just tossed a bunch in the bowl.
Now for the dressing, which is what makes the recipe:
1/3 C. soy sauce
1/3 C. olive oil
2 T. lime juice
1 T. sesame oil
1 T. grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 jalapeño, finely minced
I put all the ingredients for the dressing in my magic bullet and blended them up. That way I didn't even have to grate the ginger, or mince the jalapeño.
I'm already thinking about other dinners I could make so I can use this dressing again. It tastes like something you could get at a Chinese restaurant. I think I'll just cook some brown rice, throw a bunch of vegetables in, and top it with this dressing.
Oh, and it wasn't just me that decided to add this to our favorite recipe collection. Scott loved it too. I'm still working on getting Boston to like salad, but he did eat the noodles. :)
Looks so yummy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see you back on here- I was wondering how you were doing!
ReplyDeleteI may have to add this to our menu next week... looks delicious!