Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Eat of the Week: Wacky/Crazy Cake

Today's recipe is not a healthy one, but it's my hubby's birthday, so I thought I'd post the recipe for his favorite cake that he asks for every year. This is also one of my dad's favorite cake recipes. We grew up calling it Wacky cake, and Scott's family grew up calling it Crazy cake, so now we call it Wacky/Crazy cake to make us both happy. 



The name Wacky/Crazy Cake comes from the fact that this recipe contains an uncommon cake ingredient, vinegar. The recipe is also missing a common cake ingredient, eggs. 


I'm not a very good baker, but luckily this is one of the easiest cakes in the world to make. Scott's not a fan of frosting, but this cake is so moist and delicious, it doesn't need frosting. We just eat the cake warm with some ice-cream on top. 

Wacky/Crazy Cake

3 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
6 T. Cocoa
2 C. Water
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Vanilla
2/3 C. Oil
2 T. Vinegar

Pour batter into 9x13 baking pan and spray with Pam. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. 

What's you favorite kind of cake to have on your birthday? 
Every year as far back as I can remember having a birthday, I always wanted the funfetti cake with the rainbow dot icing.  I still really like that cake and frosting, but I'm starting to wonder if it's more for tradition's sake than taste. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks good! My husband's birthday is in March, and he usually requests cheesecake, but this is a really tempting alternative... I'm not a big "cake" person, I'd rather have brownies and ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love German Chocolate cake...I need to find a recipe for that!! New follower :D

    ReplyDelete