Friday, December 30, 2011

Updated Toddler Cardio Cinema!

I never would have thought that a portable dvd player would be considered a running gear essential, but it is for a mom of a toddler who gets bored after 1 mile in the jogging stroller. 


B got this cute little dvd player for Christmas from his Grandma and Grandpa for car rides, plane rides, and of course jogging stroller runs. :) Oh, and his Great Grandma knitted those cute mittens for him, also a running gear essential lately since the mornings have been getting cold! I love chilly morning runs though. I'm trying to soak up every last bit of Winter running that I can because I know those 100 degree days are just around the corner. 


We like the cute little dvd player much better than the old toddler cardio cinema, a 20 pound dinosaur laptop with a 1 hour battery life. :)



We tried out our new running gear essential on Wednesday morning in the chilly 40 degree weather, and it was awesome! I felt pretty grateful for technology during my run that day as I was happily running with my new Garmin watch, and B was happily watching his movie. 


We did 7 miles, which is farther than I've been able to go with the jogging stroller since I can remember. Usually 6 miles is pushing his attention span to the MAX. There was much less stop-an-go for me, and the whining was very minimal because he had A Goofy Movie to keep him entertained.  

I think days like this will be much less frequent now that we have this handy little dvd player! It will also come in handy on our long drive to Houston in a few weeks for the Olympic Marathon trials! 


What's on of your running gear essentials? 



3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! He looks very happy with his new portable DVD player!

    I can't believe you are already talking about 100 degree days, I don't envy you at all. I would much rather run in the cold any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yay on the DVD player! :) And yay that you were able to run 7 miles. His own little movie theater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of those! Especially for car rides. It would be fun to meet up when you're in Houston! I know it will be a packed weekend, but maybe we could figure something out. :)

    ReplyDelete