Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Training Log Tuesday: 11/21-11/27


Training Log Tuesday is a summary of my workouts for the week so I can look back on them someday and see when and what I did for my workouts in different stages of life. 
And like usual, here's the color code: 
Running=Red
Swimming=Blue
Biking=Purple
At Home Workout DVD's=Orange
Elliptical=Green
Walking=Pink
Free Weights=Grey

Monday: P90X Core Synergistics (50 min.)/? Forgot to write what time I did it.

Tuesday: P90X arms (55 min.)/8AM. (I had to modify a lot of the push-ups and I even skipped a few. I'm kind of a weakling when it comes to strength training, but I'm working on it.) Easy 4 mile jogging stroller run (40 min.)/9AM.  

Wednesday: P90X cardio + abs (60 min.)/8AM. Rode bike to and from park with B. (20-ish min.)/10:30AM

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! Made lots of room for food with a 10 mile run (85 min.)/8AM

Friday: P90X Plyometrics + abs (75 min.)/9AM.

Saturday: 10 mile run in the pouring rain! (81 min.)/6:30AM.

Sunday: Family walk.

Total Running Miles: 24

I made it all the way through the first round of P90X dvds (There's 12), and now I'm starting them over again. I skipped the yoga and stretching dvds my first time around  and went running instead. I think I'll at least try those two dvds this time. I have a really hard time with yoga because I feel like it requires a lot of patience which I don't have, especially when I'm exercising. We'll see how it goes. I'm having fun with the P90X dvds and I really like doing a different workout that works a different part of my body everyday. My running has kind of taken a back seat to the P90X dvds, but that's OK with me for now. 

What's your favorite workout lately? 
I love the P90X Plyometrics workout. It's the next best thing to running, and it's a good calorie burner too. I wore my heart rate monitor the past two times that I did that workout and I burned 600+ calories in just over an hour. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the note, I added you! I hear you on yoga.. I'd much rather be working up a sweat! But I did prenatal yoga two years ago and appreciated it. I've really come to love s/t-- have never done p90x (want to try it!) but I like Jillian's No More Trouble Zones, and the bodypump and chiseled classes at our Y are both good.

    ReplyDelete