We just got home from a chilly morning at Sea world, and now I get to pack for race weekend while B sleeps. We've become wimpy Texans because we thought the 50 degree weather this morning was pretty cold. It looks like it's going to be even colder tomorrow morning!
It won't even reach the 50's by the time I'm done running. I guess I'll be wearing tights. I'm actually excited to run in the cold because I feel much better running in the cold once I warm up, and I love these tights that I got in Boston. They are so comfortable, and they make me want to run fast. :) I hope they work for me tomorrow.
My other race day essentials include my ifitness belt, GU, shotbloks, gum, lifesavers, rice cakes, PB, and honey for breakfast, my watch, and my pink puma shoes. Still can't decide if I want long sleeves, or short sleeves.
Oh, and I'm pretty excited that I might actually get to run a race feeling healthy thanks to these Zicam chews. My running buddy recommended them to me when I was getting a really bad sore throat and cough last week. They're supposed to help you get over your cold faster, and I think they worked. The entire box is gone now, and so is my cold. You eat one every three hours at the first signs of sickness and continue for 48 hours after the symptoms go away. The box ran out before my symptoms were all the way gone, but I'm about 80% better.
I'm so excited for our weekend in New Braunfels! I'm looking forward to eating out, renting Zookeeper from Redbox, and shopping at the outlets after the race. Thanks to my mom-in-law, we were able to reserve their timeshare right across from the starting line, so all I have to do is walk across the street in the morning! That means extra sleep for me and my boys.
As far as time goals go for this race, I really don't know what to expect, or shoot for. I haven't done a single race since June, not even a 5K. I would be pretty happy with anything under 1:40, but I'm trying not to get my hopes set on any certain time. I just want to run my best and feel good when I'm done so we can shop, and have fun at our church Halloween party later that night.
What are some of your race day essentials?


I always remember my shoes ;)
ReplyDeleteGUM!
ReplyDeleteLove love love your blog!! My race essentials- gum,chapstick and starburst!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! Good luck with your upcoming race. I ran my first race this past Saturday. (will post on it tomorrow). I finally entered the race world!
ReplyDelete