Friday, August 26, 2011

He Didn't Think I Could Do It


I'm a little behind on blogging, so this salad concoction actually happened a few Sundays ago. I wanted to share the recipe because it was so good! I love it when I throw a bunch of ingredients together and it turns out to be so good it makes my night. I will do my best to remember everything that I threw in here, but I'm sure I'll forget at least one or two things. That's what I get for waiting 3 weeks to write it down. So here it is to the best of my memory (definitely can't remember proportions though):

Romaine lettuce
Shredded baby carrots
2-3 egg whites
Sliced delifresh turkey
Green beans
1 Zucchini
1 Slice jalepeno jack cheese
Mushrooms
1 T. Honey mustard dressing

I cooked the zucchini and mushrooms in Pam with some pepper and garlic powder, the green beans were steamed, and the egg whites were cooked too of course. Then I threw everything together. 

It turned out to be a massive proportion of food as you can see by the picture. When Scott saw my scrumptious looking salad he told me he had dibs on my leftovers. I said, "What leftovers? I'm going to eat the whole thing." He didn't believe me. He even bet me a massage that I couldn't finish a plate of food that big. The bet was on. 



I think this is when he realized he was going to lose the bet. Almost done, and still going strong. Massage, here I come! Actually, this reminds me, I think he still owes me that massage!


All done, and I basically licked the plate. I told him I could have eaten another one that same size if it hadn't taken me so long to make it. (I did let Scott have a few bites though. Not because I needed help, just because I wanted him to try how good it was.) It passed the guy taste test. That's how I know something is really good, and not just healthy good. 

When you make a bet, what do you normally bet? 
Depends on who I'm betting, but if it's Scott, I almost always try to get a massage out of it. If it's someone else, probably ice-cream or fro yo.  

1 comment:

  1. Do you make the dressing? If not what brand do you buy?

    ReplyDelete