Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rock A Bye Biking

We had to take advantage of the overcast sub-100 degree weather for a family bike ride today!


I ended up missing my long run this morning because I woke up again at 3:00AM with a lot of neck pain, and knew there was no way I could do a 13 mile run at 6:00AM. It wouldn't feel like a Saturday without a run, so I went to O.P. Schnabel park for a slow 5-6 mile run after sleeping in until 8:40 (that never happens on a Saturday. It was awesome!). Then Scott and Boston met up with me at the park for a bike ride. Scott forgot to bring Little B's helmet, so we borrowed our friend's little girl's helmet that lives near the park, hence the pink helmet on our little boy. 

It was fun to show Scott all the trails that I've been running on at O.P. Schnabel for the past year. He was really impressed by the park and how many trails it has. I can't believe it was his first time out to this park and we've lived here almost a year! Better late than never though. 



Now for the funny part of the story. I started feeling something bobbing against my back towards the end of the bike ride. Turns out it was Boston's head. Apparently the sounds of an afternoon bike ride make for a pretty good lullaby because he was completely out by the time we got back to the car. It was so funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment