Yes I'm 25, but my inner 5 year old still resides very close to the surface, and it doesn't take much for it to show it's giddy little face. Scott saw a glimpse of that inner 5 year old when we went to Boston, and again on our bike ride in Austin last Monday, and although we've been married almost 4 years, it almost seemed like he was surprised by my childlike giddiness. If he was surprised, then he's in for a shock come Monday.
I can barely handle the excitement I get just looking at pictures and videos of Disneyland online, so I'm a little nervous what Scott might see when we actually get to the park. He might be embarrassed to claim me as his wife. I have been dying to go to Disneyland again ever since my last trip, and that was over 10 years ago!
I'm more excited this time around because not only do I get to enjoy the rides myself, but I get to watch my adorable little guy enjoy the rides, and I know from experience that that's WAY better than enjoying them for myself!
This is us at Sea World last week on the little Shamu ride. We are lucky enough to live 5 minutes from this place, so we get to go about once a week. This is how I know that Little B will LOVE Disneyland! He has no fear, and I LOVE watching him look like he's going to explode with happiness on all the rides. I can't wait to see that look on his face a thousand times on Monday!
It's not just the thought of going to Disneyland that's bringing out that giddy little girl in me, it's seeing my family, and going to Disneyland with my family! We moved to Texas about a year ago, and our family lives in Utah, so we're still getting used to not being in the same state as our family. It's been 5 months since I've seen my family. That's almost half a year! I know it hasn't really been that long, but it feels like a long time. I can't wait for some family time!!
You know what else is making me all giddy inside? The thought of maybe possibly getting to run in nice, cool Californian weather. We're actually staying in the mountains (another thing I'm all giddy about. We miss the mountains!), so the high will be mid 50's. I might be a little freezing at first, but I'm hoping for a run similar to my last 50 degree run... As you can see, I got the magic pants ready to go! I never thought I'd be going to California for cooler weather, especially in June, but after moving to Texas, anything less than 90 degrees and 85% humidity feels cool and refreshing.
I also made sure to make room for Jillian in my suitcase. Today was day 21, my first day trying level 3! It was tough, but it wasn't as much of a shock as going from level 1 to level 2. I have no idea how I'm going to manage to do this workout everyday while I'm on vacation, especially Disneyland day, but I'm going to try! I've made it this far, I can't let it slip now! (I hope my bags make the weight limit with those weights in there.) Scott said there was no way I was packing 8 pound weights for our trip, so we compromised and I brought the 5 pounders. :)
Our flight leaves at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. Yikes. The things we do to save money.
Do you sacrifice convenience for money sometimes?
$5, probably not, but I'm pretty sure we saved at least $50 for choosing the crack of dawn flight.
What's something that brings out your inner 5 year old?
Like I said, it doesn't take much for mine to come out. Simply getting frozen yogurt at Spoon It does the trick pretty well.


Omg *I* used to live 5 minutes away from Seaworld S.A. and was there every weekend. Love the Viva show the most. And yay for Disneyland.. there's a very slim chance I might get to go in August and I'm just as excited as you! Let me know how Cali is when you get there!
ReplyDelete