I spend a lot of time running, which means I spend a lot of time thinking, which also means I spend a lot of time blabbing away about those thinkings on my family blog. I realize that most of my friends and family read our blog to get a general update on our lives, not to read every thought and detail of my running rambles, so I created this blog in order to allow myself some guilt free running rambles!
Running is such a huge and defining part of my life, and I have learned so much in so many ways from it. I want to write at least some of those things down so my kids can read them, and hopefully learn from them someday! I also want to be able to go back and learn from them again and again. When the motivation to run is lacking, it's nice to go back and read about a time in my life when the motivation was soaring.
I've tried to start a running scrapbook, but that thing hasn't been touched in over a year. I'm never ever motivated to work on it. It probably has something to do with the fact that as soon as I finish a page I see at least 3 things that I should have done differently, but I can't fix them with the click of a mouse.
As the bib numbers keep piling up, the motivation to scrapbook them keeps spiraling down. I think blogging will be a much more doable way of logging my running rambles. Especially since it requires no scissors, cutting, gluing, and mess making. All I need is my computer, and the best part is that I can change anything as much and often as I want in an istant.
Goodbye old fashioned running scrapbook! You were fun for those few wintry months that I was stuck inside and actually motivated to work on you! Now that we live in Texas, I doubt I'll ever be stuck inside long enough to pull you out again.

Here's to hoping that this running blog will be a little more successful than the scrapbook!
No comments:
Post a Comment