We saw a girl wearing a shirt that said that at the SARR (San Antonio Road Runners)Women’s 5K last Saturday. I love it. I want that shirt!

I am so excited that there are so many cute girls in my ward that like to run, exercise, do triathlons, bike races etc. I'm excited to get in to triathlons and biking with them in the future. Gotta learn to swim first... and have several hundred dollars lying around that I don't know what to do with so I can buy a bike. We definitely moved in to the right ward for me, and Scott. There’s a bunch of guys that like to play basketball, and I guess our ward does really well in church ball. The girls in the picture from left to right are Camille, me, Stacie, and Shantelle. They are all in my ward. Lucky me!

I wasn't a fan of the t-shirt we got. I give it the ugliest race t-shirt I've ever gotten award. The design is not too bad, but the salmon and hot pink....

The race went really well for me. I improved my time from the last 5K I did in Utah on Memorial Day. It was only about 30 seconds faster, but the course was harder, and it was a typical hot and humid Texas day. Being able to exercise at the YMCA gym without Boston is really helping me get better workouts in, and the Trekking class that I’ve been going to really pushes me out of my comfort zone. I love it, and for the first time in a long time I actually look forward to exercising! This is the first time in my ENTIRE life that I’ve had a gym membership!! Can you believe that? That’s pretty crazy for someone that likes to exercise as much as I do. I am now spoiled and don’t know if I can ever go back to exercising all by my lonesome at 5:00 a.m., or taking Boston with me in the stroller.

I got a cute key chain in the shape of Texas for getting first in the 20-24 age division.
However, I was mortified that the guy giving out the awards was asking everyone questions in the microphone. I was so embarrassed. I hate microphones!
It was a fun race, and next on the list is the October half marathon. Well, next on the list for Texas anyway. I think I'm going to come out to Utah in September and stay for a week or so. While I'm there I'm hoping to do the Top of Utah Marathon. Please don't let me get the flu for this race! I have a 20 mile run to look forward to this Saturday. I'll let you know if I survive.




Great job again on the race and getting your PR!!! We totally need to do a triathlon next year. I have to buy a bike too. I have been borrowing my friends really really nice bike. They are sooo expensive. A good bike is between $500-$800 plus! Crazy expensive I know! I am so glad you guys moved here and that we have become so close!
ReplyDeleteTWENTY MILES?!?!?!? Holy moly girl. You don't mess around. Good luck!
ReplyDelete