Thursday, May 13, 2010

Well Isn't This Convenient

I was just thinking the other day how lucky I was to have gotten through all of my marathon training and races to this point without getting injured. Then I conveniently got hit with the flu that everyone else seems to be getting hit with, including poor little Boston.

Luckily Scott has not gotten it yet. I don't know how he does it, but he even managed to stay healthy when Boston and I had the swine flu. He must have one powerful immune system. He's been taking good care of us sickies, including cleaning up an ugly mess in Boston's crib this morning that I'm so glad I didn't see.

I made it past the depletion part of the sickness and I'm now working on repletion. I've got my water bottles, powerade, juice, and pedialyte ready to go. I'm still hopeful that I'll be running the marathon on Saturday without feeling like I'm going to faint or throw up.

I was about to say that this sickness decided to come at the most inconvenient time, but I'm actually lucky it came in time to at least give me a few days of rest and replenishment before the race. The most inconvenient time would have been Friday night, so I'm still feeling pretty lucky.

I just woke up from a two hour nap and had a delicious lunch of saltines and powerade. I guess being sick does have a few perks. Two hour nap and no guilt. It was nice. Plus Scott made me dinner last night (plain white rice, and muffins). He laughed a little when I finished the dinner and said, "Wow. That was a really good dinner. Thanks." I hadn't eaten much all day, so it really was a really good dinner.

At this point I don't know how running almost 4 hours is going to go on Saturday, especially since I got tired just taking Boston to the doctor and the grocery store for a few minutes, but I still have hope, lots of hope!

1 comment:

  1. Reece and LindseyMay 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM

    I'm so sorry your sick!!! That's such a bummer! I hope you get better before your race so you won't miss out on what you've been working so hard for! If not, though, there's always another race for ya! =)

    ReplyDelete