Monday, November 16, 2009

A Little Late

This post is a little late, but I wanted these pictures to be in our blog book. I did the Halloween half marathon Halloween morning with my sister-in-law, Jaylynn. She dressed up as a runaway bride and got 2nd place in the costume contest! I was so impressed that she ran 13.1 miles in a full wedding dress! Crazy huh?

Here are a few pictures from the race.

Where's Waldo, Runaway Bride, and Bat Woman after the race with our medals. They were pretty cool medals with a skull on them. The shirts had skulls on them too, and I thought they were sweet. If it weren't for the shirts and medals, I'm not sure if I would have enough motivation to run races. I get way more excited about what the shirts are going to look like than I do about running the race.


Scott and Boston came to watch me finish. Boston was starving by the time I got done running, so he was going after my banana.

He was even trying to eat the peel! It was pretty funny.

Coming in to the finish line. Actually, it's a reenactment of me coming in to the finish line. Scott saw me run by about a mile away from the finish line, and then he tried to make it to the finish line to take my picture coming in, but barely missed me. So we pretended like this was me finishing and took a picture. It works. It was a fun race, and I loved all the fog and mist that was in the mountains that morning. It made me feel festive for Halloween that night.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I am definitely impressed that she ran the whole race in a wedding dress but you ran it in a batman costume?!? You guys are crazy! I almost die running a half marathon without a costume on--I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete