Saturday, May 16, 2009

I think I'm Ready Now!

I think I'm ready for the half-marathon next Monday that I signed up for! I'm excited for it! It will be my first race since Boston was born! I did a 12 mile run last Saturday and it went really good, and I had my last long run today that ended with our ward 5K. I ran to the church before the race so I could get some more miles in since it was my last day to get a good run in before the half-marathon. Now I get to take it easy for a week until the race!

Here is Boston giving the ward members some cute smiles before the race! He's getting used to this jogging stroller. He comes running with me almost everyday now. I wonder if it's my fault that he is so hyperactive? I will try to post a video of him soon trying to run like his mom. It is so funny! He is always kicking his arms and legs really fast like he is trying to go somewhere. He really likes to exercise. I will have my hands FULL when he learns to crawl and walk! I'm already nervous for that!


This is Boston with one of the babies in our ward who is two weeks YOUNGER than him. He has a few pounds on Boston as you can see by the picture. His name is Jack, and he has the cutest, CHUBBIEST cheeks ever!

Here is a closer look at those cute cheeks! He's 3 1/2 months and already weighs 17 pounds! Wow! Boston is four months and I'm pretty sure he's still under 15 pounds.

Getting ready to start

And we're off! (I'm the one with the green shirt in the back. I didn't get a very good start as you can see. I was trying to pick some good music on my ipod)


Scott took a few pictures while he was running with me. I kicked his butt as you can see by the pictures. That's why they are of my behind. :) He he.


I won the stroller division. There was a whole two of us in this division, and the other girl's baby cried two miles into the race, so she had to stop and walk with him. I got a water bottle, and a coupon to Jamba Juice. Yahoo!

Scott doesn't really experience the "runner's high" the same way I do. When we got home he said, "I'm tired. I want to take a nap." I said, "What?! don't you have an adrenaline rush? Aren't you full of energy now?" He said, "No. I'm not a runner. I get my adrenaline rush DURING my sports, not after." So here is Scott demonstrating his kind of runner's high. No wonder he doesn't like to run. I wouldn't either if that's how I felt after I ran, but I feel the COMPLETE opposite.

By the way....My awesome parents-in-law got me a spot in to the St. George Marathon!! I was so excited!! They knew someone who had extra spots in the marathon, and he said I could have one! I won't say his name for his sake since there were about 3,000 other people who didn't get in to the race too, and I wouldn't want him to get bombarded or anything. You never know who reads your blog.

4 comments:

  1. It must be in the Fitz blood because I just want to crash after I'm done running too...not much of a rush for me. I wish I did because it would make it much more easy and fun to exercise. You're lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Loved seeing all the pictures and hearing about your race. You'll have to tell me how they organized the 5K. That sounds like a really fun ward activity. I'm so happy for you to get into St. George! Bring up your stuff next weekend when you come, k?

    Loved Boston's cute smile and picture in the stroller! What a chubby little friend he has. It was funny seeing the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo Andrea! I am so excited to hear that you got a spot in the marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Jack and Boston. We just got back from Jack's 4 month appointment and he actually weighs 19 lbs 12 oz, which is the 110th percentile. No wonder his carseat is so heavy!!! Cute pictures! I can't believe they're only 9 days apart!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete